Do Not Refreeze - UK Beauty & Nail Blog

13 spectacular musical mashups

I am a total sucker for a good mashup. YouTube (and the internet at large) is absolutely littered with terrible ones but dig through the debris of destroyed songs and you can find some serious gems. The majority of mashups you’ll come across will be one song’s vocals pasted over another’s backing track, but it’s all about the ones that utilise the music and lyrics …

Recipe: Sticky Jim Beam BBQ Chicken Wings

We quite like a bit of Jim Beam in this house. We also quite like a bit of smoky, sweet BBQ. Add the two together and what do you get? Jim Beam Bourbon BBQ Sauce*, of course. Add that to a pile of fresh chicken wings and what do you get? A damn good dinner, that’s what. Plain, raw chicken wings can be pretty hard …

5 types of YouTube commenters who can go to hell

Last night, much like every night, I was mid-procrastination (anyone else procrastinate over going to bed?! Damn, I have a problem), just aimlessly browsing the interwebs when I came across a link to Ingrid Nilsen’s latest YouTube video. I’m not much of a YouTube person, but I’d heard of Ingrid – better known as MissGlamorazzi – despite never having seen a video of hers before. …

Recipe: Naughty-but-nice Salmon Pasta

I try to eat healthily. Really, I do, despite what some of the recipes I share on here would suggest. 80% of the time, I’m pretty damn good at it. The other 20% is responsible for this creamy, wine-filled carby white pasta dish. And I’m not sorry. The quantities here are to serve one. It’s a quick and easy dinner ideal for nights in on …

Bargain Beauty: Good Things Nourishing Cleansing Oil

You probably already know that I’m a big fan of Good Things skincare. The launch of their new-ish Argan Oil range managed to sneak past me unnoticed. But, better late than never, I have found a new bathroom cabinet staple in the form of Good Things Nourishing Cleansing Oil*. A couple of years ago I had a bit of a cleansing oil phase, then for …

Recipe: Biscoff Cheesecake

Ahhh, Biscoff. I’m pretty late to the party, only trying Biscoff spread for the first time last month when Kat, Grace, Sheenie and I went for a long weekend on the Kent coast. On the obligatory supermarket run, Kat insisted we get a jar of it and an obsession quickly developed. When I discovered I could get it in the tiny little Sainsburys Local next …